If you are interested in lacrosse strength training Gaithersburg MD trusts, contact Performance Sports Systems. We offer team training and can customize a plan for your lacrosse team. Our training program can help you improve your overall strength and become a better lacrosse player.
Why Strength Training Is Important for Lacrosse
Lacrosse strength training in Gaithersburg MD is more important than you may think. Lacrosse can be a demanding game, so it is important to be as strong as possible. The more strength you have in your legs and arms, the better you will be able to handle the physical stress of the game. Strengthening your muscles can also reduce your risk of injury.
Lacrosse strength training Gaithersburg MD locals respect can help offensive players increase the speed of their shots and passes. For defensive players, strength training can give them the power to take opponents out of the game and protect their goalies.
Different Strength Training Exercises for Lacrosse Athletes
If you want to improve your lacrosse game and become a stronger competitor, Performance Sports Systems encourages players to incorporate a variety of exercises in their daily and weekly routines. Here are several exercises used for lacrosse strength training Gaithersburg MD athletes rely on:
- Kettlebell Swings: Performing kettlebell swings can help develop muscles in the hips and posterior chain. Once you get the hang of kettlebell swings, try adding band resistance.
- Deadlifts: You use your lower body a lot during lacrosse, so it is important for it to be strong. Deadlifts are a great way to develop your hamstrings, quads and glutes. Make sure to keep your back straight while performing these exercises to avoid injuries.
- Single Arm Dumbbell Bench Press: This exercise is beneficial for lacrosse players who want to build their upper body strength and shoulder stability. To give yourself an extra challenge, try performing this exercise on an inclined bench.
- Pushups: Pushups can be performed anywhere. They will work your chest, triceps, and shoulders. This exercise also strengthens your core, which is used a lot in lacrosse.
- Squeezing a Tennis Ball: Wrist and forearms exercises should also be included in your Gaithersburg lacrosse strength training routine. For example, if you squeeze a tennis ball, you can improve the power of your wrist snap when shooting in lacrosse.
- Sit-Ups: Believe it or not, sit-ups are actually one of the best exercises to strengthen your core. Remember to keep your knees bent and do not pull on your neck when performing this exercise.
- Cross-Bend Medicine Ball Push: Another exercise to add to your lacrosse strength training Gaithersburg MD players depend on is the cross-bend medicine ball push. This exercise helps you build up power in your upper body which is essential for lacrosse.
Performing these strength training exercises regularly can help you become stronger for your lacrosse games. At Performance Sports Systems, we can teach you how to perform these exercises with proper form so that you avoid injuring yourself. Our instructors are skilled and have a lot of experience helping athletes just like yourself.
If you want to learn more information about lacrosse strength training Gaithersburg MD offers, contact Performance Sports Systems at 240-912-5270.